Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Owl's Handling The Cold Weather

Okay so one of my most favorite past times is people watching. My friends and I love to do it, and we do it all the time on campus. Just this past week South Florida had some not so warm weather and while the change of temperature was nice, it also provided me and my friends with an entertaining experience.

WOW! The way we South Floridians dress for cold weather is hilarious. It is forty degrees outside and we had students roaming around campus all bundled up in warm clothes, but they are wearing open toed sandals...WHAT? This makes no sense at all. Now most of this style belonged to the men on campus. In regards to the guys on the campus, we did not see any good fashion represented during the cold weather. I saw lots of baggy flannel pants and largely over sized sweatshirts. Those items need to be worn only inside your dorm room and/or house, not to school.

I also get a nice chuckle when I see, and I see plenty of it, girls wearing their long sleeve tees, jackets, UGG boots and a mini skirt.... again... WHAT? The outfit was going along nicely, but then you ladies pair it with a skirt that is extremely short and you have your bare legs revealed to the harsh weather. This completely defeats the purpose of even trying to bundle up the rest of your body in the first place.

Lets face it, Owl's love their sun :)

GO OWLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment