Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fort Lauderdale Campus Surroundings

This is my first semester at the Fort Lauderdale campus of FAU and so far my experience here has lead me and my friends to not want to leave the school grounds. 

We have been hassled by many homeless people coming up to us. One night while we were at dinner in a restaurant a homeless man came inside walked over to our table and began to beg for food or money. Within no time at all the asking turned into yelling at us. The situation became uncomfortable and we ended up leaving the restaurant right after that incident occurred and decided that for now it was the drive through or bring your own dinner on Thursday nights. 

There is a astounding number of homeless people who my friends and I come in contact with when we are down here on Thursdays. I live in West Palm Beach and I know that this issue exist in every town, but I have never had to come face to face with so many or with so many rude homeless people before. They come up to us and practically get in our faces, placing my friends and I in a very uncomfortable predicament. 

Note to female students when in Fort Lauderdale stay near the FAU buildings where there is security on hand.

GO OWLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment