Thursday, March 19, 2009

Class Schedule

I know that within my department that I have found it hard to obtain the classes I need, when I need them. I often have had to wait till the next semester to get into a class that I wanted to be enrolled in now.

When looking over the new course schedule for Summer and Fall, I am once again concerned. I know that I will not be here in the fall, but for the rest of you that will be here these are issues that need to be addressed from the students. That being said please know that I have voiced my thoughts, but this is something that will not change from one student writing a letter.

With the economy going through this hardship we all know that there will be cutbacks. What we need to do is make sure that these cutbacks do not affect our need for classes. Instructors being laid off is not okay. I am sure there are plenty other ways that President Frank Brogan and the board members can cut back.

This is a university and its job is to provide students with an education that meets the needs of the students who are paying for these degrees. As students we should be always be checking on our status within the school, so that we can monitor our own path at FAU. Thus when the school does not offer the proper classes when they are needed this becomes a set back for the individual student, you, and for the school.

FAU has been around since 1962 and we the students need to voice are thoughts and needs so that we can succeed through FAU! Taking this path of higher education means knowing what you want and how you want to get it. After all, isn't that what you are doing at FAU in the first place?

GO OWLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment