Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pleasure Reading


With all the crazy reading assignments our professors give us, I understand that is hard to find time to do some pleasure reading for yourself. I am an avid reader and I always try to find time to squeeze a book of my own into my busy school schedule.


The other day I was in Starbucks on the Boca Raton campus and I over heard this group of girls discussing and book series called the House of Night Series. This series now consist of 5 books total, the fifth book being released just last week. I was excited to hear this conversation occurring because I had just finished the fifth book, while having already read the previous 4 books.


The stories are about a group of vampyre fledglings who exist in world where humans know of vampyres and where we know they too exist among us. The series is quick and easy to read. The books are written together by P.C.Cast and her daughter Kristin Cast.


In this series each vampyre is Marked, which ironically is the name of the first book in the series. The mark shows up on their foreheads and for the fledglings the mark is just outlined and it will only be filled in once they have changed into a full fledged vampyre.


The picture is of me and my friend Nina, I am on the left. While I was looking at the website they have a place where you can download your own picture and 'Mark' yourself, so we did.


GO OWLS!


No comments:

Post a Comment