Thursday, April 9, 2009

Guest Speakers

One thing I have found FAU is good at is bringing in outside sources to talk to the students. In many of classes, even those outside of the journalism major, I have found that FAU's professors like to bring in people to talk to the students in relation to what the students are currently studying. 

I know that within the last two weeks I have had four guest speakers. People speaking on writing novels in my English class to a channel five news reporter to a Sun Sentinel employee. All of whom have opened the class for questions from the students and they have been more than willing to answer our questions. 

I know that this time last year I was in a storytelling class and we had several professional story tellers from around the country come in and talk with our class. One of the speakers actually listened to the students tell their stories and then they gave us a professional critique. 

FAU's professors seem to be really in touch with sources in the field. This of course comes from loving what you teach and wanting the students to benefit from the class, other than just getting a passing grade. 

A good professor feeds the minds of students any way that he or she can.

GO OWLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment