Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Final Post


Where to start? How about on friendships. I know that this topic is not entirely related to FAU, but to me it is. I have two very important people in my life all because of FAU. Two years ago when I started at FAU as a transfer student, I walked into my first class on the Jupiter campus and met Heather and Nina. Nina was very outgoing and Heather kept more to herself at first. Once we realized that we three had several classes together we began to sit next to each other and get meals together between classes. Our friendship caught on quick!

If only you could see us now! We have come so far in the short amount of time that we have known each other. I am the oldest of the three and yet I seek the advice of my dear friends often. I have so many fond memories of FAU because of these two amazing women. They have done nothing but support me and encourage me throughout these past two years.

I have called upon them countless times for help with school work and they have always answered my calls. College is not entirely about getting the grades to get the degree. It is about the relationships you build with people and how those relationships carry you through the toughest and the best times of your life. FAU would be so different for me if I did not get to see Nina and Heather in class every week.

These two women are smart, funny, beautiful and oh so caring. I know that our "Cracker Cubed" relationship will continue on past graduation. They are my crutches to which I have leaned on many times and without them I would have given up on school long ago.

So here's to Heather and Nina- My FAU lifeline and my true friends. I only hope that other students find and form friendships like ours!


GO OWLS!

1 comment:

  1. "A true friend is someone that knows the song of your soul, and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

    Thank you Tori Bo Bori, for reminding me how the rest of the song goes... Here's to graduating. FAU Class of 2009. We're gonna make it through.

    ReplyDelete