Thursday, April 9, 2009

On Air at FAU

When walking around the campus and listening to the Owl Radio programs FAU provides for the students I often find myself tuning out. I was walking through the breezeway the other day and I kid you not they had Miley Cyrus singing on the show. I said to my friend Heather" isn't that girl like 13". To which Heather said "I never like the music they play. It is geared towards a very isolated audience".

I started to pay attention to it more over the past week and The music they play and the subjects they talk about are not aimed at a general audience. There is only a select few that like and/or relate to the show. When producing a college radio station or when just playing music throughout the halls for students don't you think the university or the radio producers would think to create topics that would interest a larger audience and the music they play should be more top 40's, instead of class oldies.

Heather and I mentioned this to a couple of our classmates and they all agreed that if they worked at the station they would do things differently!

GO OWLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment