Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Hardest Class I have ever taken

Sigh! For you journalism majors out there.... good luck! I am in my last semester here at FAU and I am taking a broadcast journalism class and I hate every minute of it. This class is so different from the rest of the classes one will take in this major.

All of my previous journalism classes were styled around AP writing and they were writing classes. Well this broadcast class is all about radio broadcasting and National Public Radio (NPR) style of reporting on the radio.

in this class we have to work on a project titled "Mini-Doc". This Mini-Doc is required to be a minimum of 10 minutes in length. The Mini-Doc is a radio segment produced by each individual student. You are required to write a script for the project and have at least 16 sources and 12 sound bite inserts. Once completed this project will air on the Wavelengths page on the FAU website. 

Now on paper this all sounded possible, but when you begin interviewing, recording, downloading and editing the project transforms into this huge tedious task that just hangs over your head. I have two weeks left in this class and I am no where near being done with this project.

I am enrolled in five classes this semester and this project is throwing off all my other classes and the work I need to do for them. When taking this class try not to take a lot of other classes with it; It very quickly becomes overwhelming!

Good-Luck and GO OWLS!

1 comment: